Do you find it difficult to connect through emails? In today’s episode, we’re showing you how using video in your emails can drastically increase your response rates. In this day and age where everybody’s going visual, it’s high time to take your selling to the next level.
Our guest, Steve Pacinelli is the Chief Marketing Officer at BombBomb, a software company that allows people to send video emails to make powerful connections early on in the sales process in order to close more business.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Steve:
Why video is so huge now: Human Connection
Since the beginning, people communicate face-to-face and now we’re left with just text. So the human connection or transfer of emotion is removed out of the process.
With videos, you see someone’s face and hear someone’s voice which are important aspects of being human.
The psychology behind the need for face-to-face communication:
- Judging the trustworthiness of a person by looking face-to-face
- Humans are hardwired to only recognize other people as humans once they see their face
- Read The New York Times article The Epidemic of Facelessness
The Law of Reciprocity
- Video shows 81% of sales reps get more replies
- You get more replies when they see you took the time to reach out to them in a more human way.
- Using a handwritten name in the beginning of your video or as a thumbnail is powerful motivator to get someone to play your video and your chances of getting a reply would increase.
Style of videos for generating replies, responses, and converting leads:
- Marketing through video versus relationships through video
- The more polished or produced the video is, the less authentic it feels.
- The videos that work best for communication purposes are raw, organic, and “in the moment” marketing.
- More communication, less marketing
The 3-part framework for creating a great video:
- Call to Action
*Speak with the lead with where they are in the process and not where you want them to be or you’ll only push the lead away. Give them the feeling that you understand where they are.
How you can utilize videos in group coaching sessions:
Send mass emails. Take the analytics of people who watch your coaching session. Then send out one-to-one videos to each person that engages and insert a call to action.
Other features of BombBomb:
- CRM integration:
- Gmail – once the person hits reply, they can add video directly into Gmail without having to log out of Gmail; set time and reminders; text snippets
- Event-based triggers where you send pre-recorded videos
- Videos on the fly and text them directly
- Zappier integration
The best times to use videos in a sales process:
- When you need to build rapport or trust
- During an emotional moment
Steve’s Major Takeaway:
You are the best sales asset. Sales is an emotional transfer. The side of the brain that makes buying decisions is the emotional side. While the analytical side of the brain figures out how you can get that. You cannot make human connection through text so get in front of more people and utilize your best sales assets.
Try out BombBomb and send me an email using it at email@example.com and tell me what you think!
The New York Times Article, The Epidemic of Facelessness
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.